Interested in driving our ambitious growth strategy in Germany? Are you the Asset and Liability Risk Management specialist with a solid knowledge of the German banking market and a strong network? We are a specialist consulting firm with an established track record in quantitative risk modelling aiming to deliver high quality consulting services that exceed expectations.
We believe that our business’ growth can only be sustainable when our people love the work they do and when it is balanced with their personal lives. Does this vision match your ambitions? Join us as a Senior Manager Asset & Liability Risk Management (ALM) in Frankfurt am Main!
You will be part of our international Financial Institutions’ leadership team and responsible for expanding our business in Germany. Your focus will be to initiate our ALM consultancy services in the German market by establishing and developing a local ALM team and supported by our international group of specialist consultants.
As a successful Senior Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Building and branding our ALM advisory capabilities in the German market.
- Generating new business and project opportunities, pro-active account management and expanding the ALM client base.
- Advising clients on their strategic ALM challenges, developing hands-on solutions, and assuring a high standard of quality of work delivered on ALM projects.
- Participating and hosting internal and external knowledge sharing sessions, such as round-tables, guest lectures and internal talent trainings.
- Hiring and developing a dedicated team of ALM consultants.
Skills to be successful
Key assets to be successful are a deep understanding of Asset & Liability Management and Banking Book risk management, an excellent network with banks in Germany, an entrepreneurial mindset as well as strong leadership skills. More specifically, you will need:
- A proven track record in the field of ALM / Banking Book Risk with knowledge on best market practices, current topics and regulation.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience at financial institutions.
- A large network within Financial Institutions in Germany.
- Strong interest in building and maintaining client relationships.
- Ambitious and strategic thinker.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with excellent leadership skills.
- University degree in Financial Economics, Econometrics, Physics or Mathematics.
- Good communication skills, fluent in German and English.
What we offer
- A hybrid position with the flexibility to work in our brand new offices in Frankfurt and Cologne and a unique opportunity to setup a new business in Germany.
- Business development and people management responsibility.
- Influence on strategy and vision as part of the Zanders Leadership team.
- Opportunity to work with a variety of well-recognized clients and consultants.
- Varied and personal training to elevate your consulting skills and content knowledge.
- A fun and entrepreneurial team and an organization that encourages, motivates and focuses on its people.
Our current German team is a small, but growing entrepreneurial team based in Frankfurt, that supports the ambition of Zanders to extend its international footprint. The team leverages on the knowledge and experience of 220+ colleagues that are based in one of the other seven Zanders’ entities. Our ALM consulting business focuses on quantitative risk related projects for banks, insurers, and asset managers and involves a team of over 75 consultants, currently primarily located in our Dutch and Swiss offices. In line with our ambitious growth plans we are expanding this team outside of these two ‘home offices’.
Who we are
We are a leading international consultancy firm focused on treasury management, risk management and corporate finance. From our offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, United States, South Africa, Germany and Japan, our 220+ consultants service corporates, financial institutions, public sector entities and NGO’s. We have a strong ambition to further expand our business.
With the recent investment of our strategic partner, MML Capital, Zanders aims to expand its capabilities and teams in existing international markets and enter new markets and segments. We are therefore looking for candidates like you to join that growth.
We believe that developing our people by investing in them and by sharing knowledge and experiences sets us apart from the crowd and is the key to our success. That is why we create an inspiring work environment and foster our open, family atmosphere in which freedom, fun and flexibility play an important role. It is also why we aim to make our next project even more exciting and challenging!
By applying for a role at Zanders, you give us approval to use and retain your personal details. Taking into account the nature of Zanders enterprise, you are expected to behave to a high moral standard. A Pre-Employment Screening (PES) by a third party is part of the application process.