We have become a thought leader in financial risk management. With a strong focus on innovation and entrepreneurship, we aim to deliver high quality consulting services and exceed expectations. That is why we build successful teams with the brightest specialists in our niche market.
We believe that our business’ growth can only be sustainable when our people love the work they do and when it’s balanced with their personal lives. Does this vision match your ambitions? Join us as a Manager Financial Risk Management!
As a Zanders Risk Manager you will join our ‘Financial Institutions’ team, a team of 60 Financial Risk Management Consultants. Most of the consultants (95%) have a quantitative background. Freedom, fun and flexibility play an important role in this team. The colleagues could be described as self-starters who are eager to push their boundaries and constantly challenge themselves.
Together with the team, you will focus on financial risk related projects for banks, insurers and asset managers. You are able to support the Chief Risk Officer and his/her team from risk strategy to implementation. This requires a broad perspective and an entrepreneurial spirit. You advise our clients surrounding developing, designing and performing the quantification of risks.
An average week has four working days on-site at the client and one working day at the office in Utrecht. On Friday it is time to catch up with your Zanders colleagues and join knowledge and training sessions. We believe that deveoping our people by investing in them and by sharing knowledge and experiences is our differentiator and key to success.
- Capture the needs, concerns and perspectives of the client and translate these into workable forward thinking solutions.
- Advise clients surrounding the development of statistical techniques, financial risk related complexities and technology advancements.
- Advise our clients about their financial risk governance and policies.
- Identify the financial risks and advice how to measure and manage these.
- Translate (new) rules and regulations into business processes.
- Take project responsibility on the client’s site and coach the team around you.
- Identify and create business opportunities for existing and/or potential clients.
- Contribute to the coaching and mentoring of less experienced colleagues.
Skills to be successful
- Master’s degree in Econometrics or a similar quantitative study.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the financial risk management field.
- Experience with advising on a broad range of quantitative risk aspects.
- Broad knowledge of experience in risk management within the financial sector.
- Aspiration to work in a dynamic niche consultancy.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial spirit, with a focus on team work.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Open to travel, mainly within the Netherlands.
We offer in return
We offer an ambitious, international and fun working environment. We find a healthy work-life balance very important and offer the flexibility needed to combine a career as a consultant with a busy personal life.
We have ambitious growth targets for the coming years and are looking for people that want to help us achieve these goals. Whether you want to develop new products, clients or expertise areas, there is ample room for your initiatives and ambitions. In addition we offer the following:
- Opportunity to establish yourself as a subject matter expert in your chosen field.
- Work alongside a variety of clients and consultants to build new skills quickly.
- Inspiring and international work environment.
Who we are
We are a leading international consultancy firm focused on treasury management, risk management and corporate finance. From our offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, Japan and United States, our 200 consultants service corporates, financial institutions, public sector entities and NGO’s. We have a strong ambition to further expand our business!
We believe that developing our people by investing in them and by sharing knowledge and experiences sets us apart from the crowd and is the key to our success. That is why we create an inspiring work environment and foster our open, family atmosphere in which freedom, fun and flexibility play an important role. It is also why we aim to make our next project even more exciting and challenging.
Notification: during the summer holidays our recruitment processing times will be longer than usual. We hope for your understanding. We expect to contact you about your application in the first week of August.
By applying for a role at Zanders, you give us approval to use and retain your personal details. Taking into account Zanders’ nature of enterprise, you are expected to behave to a high moral standard. A Pre-Employment Screening (PES) by a third party is part of the application process.