A unique and exceptional opportunity!
3 reasons why this specific role at Zanders offers you a unique opportunity:
- Discovery – Are you interested in using the latest machine learning/AI modeling methodologies and data sources to help businesses solve key challenges in an innovate manner? If so, then you will feel right at home in our new Data analytics team.
- Innovation – Do you have keen understanding of the link between data, models, and systems? Do you have aspirations to lead other data modelers on exploring new ways of building value-adding models? We are a specialist consulting firm with an excellent reputation in the field of risk consulting with a focus to deliver high-quality models to our clients.
- Shape your future – Are you keen to be part of a new team to use new modeling concepts? By joining Zanders’ newly formed Data analytics team, you will be part of the team journey at an early stage.
- The goal of the Zanders Data analytics team is to use new modeling techniques (SVM, XGBoost, K-means Cluster etc.) as well as new alternative data sources to build more predictive models. With the use of more enriched data sources, as well as the combination of advanced modeling techniques, more accurate models can be developed to answer our clients’ business challenges.
- Key functions of this role are to liaise with the client to understand the business challenge, develop a model(s)/and or data solution, and manage a small team of analysts to ensure a quality deliverable to the client. For example: one of the current projects is the development of ML models for anti-money laundering at a Dutch bank.
Task and responsibilities
- You will help set up a new capability within a high respected consultancy company. This means you’ll have to be entrepreneurial and innovative to find opportunities at clients.
- Our client base is diverse, which makes it an exciting challenge to be involved in projects with multidisciplinary teams, solve complex challenges and establish workable models that the clients can put into practice.
- You will be advising clients, managing smaller projects independently and working in teams on larger projects. You will have your own specific role, clear responsibilities and will be the direct point of contact for the client.
- Every project offers a new challenge, new stakeholders, and new complexity. Due to the “start-up phase” of Data analytics team within Zanders, you will be part of shaping its future.
Skills to be successful
- Masters University degree in in Mathematics, Quantitative modeling, Statistics, or related topics.
- Seven to ten years of experience in model development and implementation.
- Key understanding of the latest machine learning/AI modeling techniques and a strong interest in developing models to add useable benefits to our clients.
- Strong ability to lead small teams of quantitative modelers with tight deadlines.
- Ability to explain technical modeling concepts in clear concise manner to business stakeholders.
- Key interest in finding and developing data sources for model use.
- Strong knowledge of programming tools (e.g. R, Python, MatLab, SAS).
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, innovative, and analytical thinker.
- Eager to learn and explore new modeling techniques.
- Flexible to travel.
We offer in return
At Zanders you will of course enjoy attractive conditions of employment: a good salary, a nice number of holidays, a mobility-budget and a bonus scheme. But there is more to look forward to!
Will you be working at Zanders? Then we will offer you:
- A good balance between work and free time in combination with a healthy work from home ethics and wellness policy.
- A brand-new office is located next to the Utrecht Central Station and is easily accessible by public transport.
- A unique opportunity to join Zanders’ management team and expand our data analytics business.
- Leading and coaching a lively and entrepreneurial team, an organization that stimulates, motivates, and puts its people first.
- Being involved in challenging assignments and responsibility within a varied project and client portfolio with plenty of opportunities for personal development.
- The opportunity to advise and work with a variety of well-recognized (global) financial institutions.
- And on top of it, enthusiastic and helpful colleagues, good coffee, an annual Zanders trip to a (surprise) location in Europe and other social activities.
Who we are
We are a leading international consultancy firm focused on treasury management, risk management and corporate finance. From our offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, United States, South Africa, Germany and Japan, our 220 consultants service Corporates, Financial Institutions, Public Sector entities and NGO’s. We have a strong ambition to further expand our business.
With the recent investment of our strategic partner, MML Capital, Zanders aims to expand its capabilities and teams in existing international markets and enter new markets and segments. We are therefore looking for candidates like you to join that growth.
We believe that developing our people by investing in them and by sharing knowledge and experiences sets us apart from the crowd and is the key to our success. That is why we create an inspiring work environment and foster our open, family atmosphere in which freedom, fun and flexibility play an important role. It is also why we aim to make our next project even more exciting and challenging!
By applying for a role at Zanders, you give us approval to use and retain your personal details. Considering the nature of Zanders enterprise, you are expected to behave to a high moral standard. A Pre-Employment Screening (PES) by a third party is part of the application process.