We are looking for new talented colleagues who would like to combine their quantitative background with consultancy and risk management. Are you eager to learn, take on responsibility and make an impact?
Join us as a Manager in Credit Risk Modelling.
Zanders is an international consultancy focussing on Risk, Finance and Treasury. The company has its roots in the Netherlands with regional offices in Europe, United States and Asia. Zanders recently acquired Private Equity backing and further expanded into several key locations globally. We have now opened our doors in Frankfurt am Main and are looking to expand the ‘Financial Institutions’ team. The team’s core focus is on credit risk and asset & liability management (ALM). Over time the focus will expand to include also climate change risk and blockchain technology. As a Manager you will have the opportunity to gain work experience in all these topics. Typical clients include banks, insurers, and asset managers. You will advise our clients surrounding their risk models, policies, and governance.
As a Manager you will work on a variety of quantitative credit risk projects in multidisciplinary teams to solve complex challenges and establish workable models that the client can put into practice.
You will be advising clients, managing smaller projects independently and working in teams on larger projects. You will have your own specific role, clear responsibilities and will be the direct point of contact for the client. Every project offers a new challenge, new stakeholders and new complexity. Your impact on the business will be significant. Due to the “start-up phase” we will have in the first few years, you will be given considerably more responsibility than in other consultancies by contributing to develop the business from day one.
Furthermore, Zanders offers a broad range of internal trainings, knowledge sharing opportunities and personal development.
Skills to be successful
- Master's degree in econometrics, mathematics, quantitative finance, statistics, or related topics.
- Strong interest in developing, designing and performing the quantification of credit risk.
- Five to seven years of experience in model development and/or validation as well as broader risk governance in the credit risk area.
- Network and connections in German banking industry.
- Regulatory understanding and preferably experience with TRIM missions, IMIs, OSIs etc.
- Strong knowledge of programming tools (e.g. R, Python, MatLab, SAS).
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, innovative and analytical thinker.
- Flexible to travel.
- Fluent in German and English.
What we offer
Zanders offers attractive conditions of employment (salary, holidays, mobility budget and bonus plan). In addition, we offer you the following:
- A hybrid position with the flexibility to work in our brand new offices in Frankfurt and Cologne and a unique to establish yourself as a credit risk expert in the financial industry.
- Challenging assignments and responsibility within a varied project and client portfolio with plentiful opportunity for personal development.
- Opportunity to advise and work with a variety of well-recognized (global) financial institutions.
- Ambitious, service-driven work environment where innovation is key.
- Brand new office in Frankfurt am Main with an opportunity to (partially) work from home.
- Entrepreneurial team and organization that encourages, motivates and focuses on its people.
- Annual Zanders trip to a (surprise) location in Europe and other outings.
Who we are
We are a leading international consultancy firm focused on treasury management, risk management and corporate finance. From our offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, United States, South Africa, Germany and Japan, our 220+ consultants service corporates, financial institutions, public sector entities and NGO’s. We have a strong ambition to further expand our business.
With the recent investment of our strategic partner, MML Capital, Zanders aims to expand its capabilities and teams in existing international markets and enter new markets and segments. We are therefore looking for candidates like you to join that growth.
We believe that developing our people by investing in them and by sharing knowledge and experiences sets us apart from the crowd and is the key to our success. That is why we create an inspiring work environment and foster our open, family atmosphere in which freedom, fun and flexibility play an important role. It is also why we aim to make our next project even more exciting and challenging!
By applying for a role at Zanders, you give us approval to use and retain your personal details. Taking into account the nature of Zanders enterprise, you are expected to behave to a high moral standard. A Pre-Employment Screening (PES) by a third party is part of the application process.